April 2021 Newsletter
With a brand new spherical of bitcoin all-time highs and groundbreaking business information, it’s protected to say that April proved to be one other eventful month.
ICYMI: New property accessible + New Names
Earlier this month, we have been happy to announce the addition of Polkadot (DOT), Aave, and Yearn.Finance to the Wallet and Exchange. Nearly two years in the past, we introduced an integration of Polkadot to assist the acceleration and decentralization of the community. Today, Polkadot (DOT) is offered in each the Wallet and Exchange. Aave and Yearn.Finance, that are already listed on the Exchange, are actually each dwell within the Wallet. Send, obtain, purchase, promote and commerce these property to your coronary heart’s need.
The Blockchain.com Wallet additionally obtained an improve in April. At a excessive degree, we’re now differentiating between brokerage-style Accounts, during which Blockchain.com holds and secures your funds and the self-custody (or non-custodial) Wallets, which let each person management their non-public keys and their crypto. Sign in to your Blockchain.com Wallet to see these modifications in motion.
The Bottom Line
In April, bitcoin as soon as once more topped charts with a brand new ATH of $63K. Ethereum additionally had a rare month. The market hit the bottom working day 1, catapulting to $2,500, briefly correcting and ending the month with a brand new all-time excessive of ~$2,700.
And that’s not even delving into the joy we’re seeing in DeFi, different protocols, and throughout the business.
Feature of the Month: Simple Swap
Buying your first crypto and taking again your monetary freedom may be thrilling. But what then? As the market shifts, chances are you’ll really feel the necessity to transfer with it. The Blockchain.com Wallet Simple Swap expertise has made it sooner, cheaper and simpler to swap between cryptos everytime you need. This characteristic is situated in your Trading Account and all swaps are completed off chain, permitting for sooner affirmation and decrease charges. Swap between BTC, ETH, DOT, XLM and extra.
The markets have taken middle stage this month. And between bitcoin’s new all-time excessive, it’s then 15% drop, Coinbase’s IPO and even the wild week Dogecoin skilled, there’s no secret why.
Alongside that market pleasure, Venmo introduced its greater than 70 million prospects should purchase and promote bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, and bitcoin money. While that is definitely excellent news for the business — introducing thousands and thousands to the world of crypto who may not have thought of it earlier than — by solely permitting customers to purchase and promote, it highlights the worth of having a correct crypto product just like the Blockchain.com Wallet.
Blockchain.com within the News
- Barron’s — Crypto firm IPOs have been prime of thoughts this month. Our CEO, Peter Smith, instructed Barron’s Luisa Beltran that Blockchain.com is fastidiously contemplating its public-market choices.
- Coindesk — After bitcoin’s break to a brand new all-time excessive, Coindesk’s Damanick Dantes spoke with a number of crypto analysts for his or her bitcoin forecast. Garrick Hileman, Head of Research at Blockchain.com, offers his take.
- Decrypt — Decrypt spoke with Blockchain.com product supervisor, Amadeo Pellicce about our latest itemizing of DOT, AAVE, and YFI.
- The Telegraph — Baillie Gifford participated in our latest Series C, investing $100M. James Titcomb spoke with Blockchain.com CEO, Peter Smith, in regards to the particulars.
- Yahoo Finance — Peter Smith was interviewed dwell on Yahoo!Finance about Coinbase’s IPO itemizing and the way this might affect the business. (3:37:00)